Orlando Real Estate Attorneys
Cipparone & Cipparone, P.A.’s real estate department was conceived to provide the highest quality of title insurance and settlement services to our customers.
Our team of attorneys and highly experienced personnel are here to ensure that each transaction is handled with the utmost care and professionalism.
Our firm provides a wide range of services to expedite both commercial and residential real estate transactions. We serve attorneys, lenders, mortgage brokers, builders, realtors, developers, investors and home buyers and sellers throughout the state of Florida.
At your convenience, you can close in our offices or we’ll bring the closing to you!
Why Title Insurance Matters
For most Americans, buying a home is the single largest financial investment they will ever make, and while property ownership may seem very straightforward, a homebuyer’s rights to enjoy their property aren’t always as clear.
There are dozens of ways in which the title to, and ownership of, a property can be jeopardized. The primary purpose of title insurance is to identify and eliminate risks and prevent losses caused by defects in title arising out of events that have happened in the past.
Title examiners search various public records to find and isolate title risks. This is an intricate process, as information can be missing or filed incorrectly.
The type of records they examine include, but are not limited to, liens, mortgages, judgments, taxes, bankruptcies, foreclosures, probate cases and easements.
Once the title search is complete and a property’s title is considered to be insurable, the transaction can close and a policy of title insurance can be issued.
Settlement and Closing Services
Title professionals also conduct the settlement and/or closing of the real estate sale or refinance.
For most transactions, the process requires more than 50 time-consuming tasks. Some of these tasks are as follows:
- Deposit and disburse escrow monies and closing funds
- Process and coordinate the flow of documents
- Coordinate/order surveys and inspections
- Keep all parties informed of progress
- Respond to lender’s requirements
- Coordinate the signing of loan/closing documents
- Prepare loan/closing documents
- Prorate and adjust insurance, taxes, rents, etc.
- Conduct the closing
- Notarize the closing documents
- Record the deed and loan documents
- Prepare the final closing disclosure or closing statement
- Issue Owner’s and Loan policies