Preserving and protecting your inheritance
We provide skilled representation to beneficiaries and fiduciaries in trust contests, will contests, accounting actions, trust and will construction actions where the meaning of an instrument or identity of a beneficiary is at issue, reformation suits, and a wide range of fiduciary litigation including, fiduciary self dealing, improper gifts or distributions, and investment of trust assets.
These representations necessarily involve a broad range of disputes with sophisticated and novel legal issues and our experience in all phases of estates and trusts enables us to identify critical issues early on in a case and efficiently develop strategies to maximize favorable results for our clients.
Questions you should be asking:
- How long does it take to establish the validity of a will?
- Will my partner fulfill his obligations while working on the succession planning we have in place?
- How much time would it take to finish the administration of an estate?
- What would happen if a person mentioned in the will is dead?
- My parents got divorced but forgot to update the will. Would that affect the will?
- If a family member hides a will, is there anything that can be done?
- I feel like I’ve been cheated out of my inheritance. Can I challenge the will?